Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Trying to Stay Fit

meRUN

So…as most of you know, I started running. It all started back in November of 2010. I had no intentions of doing anything more other than extra cardio to burn off some flub. I was happy I was able to run 1/2 a mile. Then it increased. I started running more and more. Just as a personal goal. I ran at soccer practice with my daughter. I made it to 3 miles, then 4, then 6. I wasn’t doing it for time. It was all just for fun and motivation.

Then I heard about a 5K downtown West Palm Beach. Hmm…I decided to register. I finished at 28 minutes. Not the best but it was definitely fun!

Then I decided to do a 5K every m0nth starting January 2011. This led to http://spartanrace.com and http://downanddirtymudrun.com. Now I think I’m crazy. These are in April & May. I hope I can finish it. I don’t know how I let my husband talk me into these things…he’s finishing these races in 23minutes! I'm so jealous. I'm sure it’ll be fun as much as it is challenging.

I wanted to run my 5k’s faster but I started to slack and got lazy.  Then this past Sunday, I ran the Brain Cancer 5K in honor of my good friend Robert Johnson who recently passed. Just 5 days prior. I still only finished in 28 minutes. http://events.abc2.org/site/TR/Events/Florida?fr_id=1090&pg=entry

ROB

I guess through all this, I still haven’t lost the measly 5lbs I’ve wanted and still not any quicker either. From lack of running…my calves were super sore and this morning I pushed it. 3.5 miles and now my foot hurts so bad I can’t walk. Ugh.

Getting old sucks! But I’ll keep running! Especially when all I see are the 50+ running past me without a sweat! I wanna be JUST like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment